We are in our third building in Alvin. The first building, a wood structure, still stands and has been converted to a house on W. Adoue. It served Alvin Methodist until the late 1920's. By then First Methodist had grown and was in need of a larger facility. The church bought land on South Johnson and built a beautiful new church building, which served the needs of the church for nearly thirty years. In the late 1950's First Methodist was again bursting at the seams and needed more land as well as building space. So the church took on a very ambitious building project and we, today, are the recipients of that blessing. With such strong roots we continue to bear fresh fruits.
Today we are a church of 1300+ members and continue to respond to the needs of our community desiring to love God and love one another. In response to the needs for Christian ministry we have purchased an additional 8.94 acres adjoining our current land. This is a very exciting time in the life of FUMC. We stand firmly grounded in a great heritage, offering God's Word of love and peace while reaching towards a glorious future together.